Organisator of Races
You are here
Do you know that:
- The first Tall Ships Races in 1956 had twenty participating vessels? Today there are more than 100!
- The host ports during the Tall Ships Races attracts more than ten- to hundred thousand visitors?
- The City and the Port of Antwerp were the main sponsors from 2004 to 2010?
- The name of Tall Ships originates from the poem Sea Fever van John Masefield?
It goes like this:
I must go down to the sea again, to the lonely sea and the sky.
All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
Is this all ?
Of course not.
STI organises or supports also:
- Western Mediterranea Tall Ships Regatta
- Australia/New Zealand Tall Ships Races
- Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta
- Iberian Tall Ships Regatta
- Canada 150 Tall Ships Regatta
- ASTO Small Ships’ Race
- Major sail events in the ports of Rouen, Den Helder, Amsterdam, Bremerhaven,…
A special event is the International Sail Training & Tall Ships Conference which is organised by Sail Training International every year.