You are here
Young people are at the heart of STI. Its objectives are:
- To represent a youth voice in decision making within the Sail Training International community
- To inspire, support and promote the involvement of young people in all aspects of sail training
- During the Tall Ships Races at least 50% of the crew should be trainees aged between 15 and 25 years
- Young crew doesn't need any experience
- From these youngsters a new generation of sail training leaders should be born
- A ‘youth rep’ has a seat in the International Youth Council, the forum that represents the youth.
- Every country has one representative in the Youth Council: the youth representative.
- For STA-B is Jonas Wilems our Youth Rep.